When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Very sad news

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

On the 13th Paul was torturing me about the rusty Excelsior motorcycle I am selling lol..
He sent a message through ebay that said "Trade" ?
Attached to the message was this old photo of "The Flying Merkel find".
I answered by saying I have enough Flying Monkeys already....

I first met Paul over 25 years ago at Copake. He drove into the swapmeet in a late 1960's Torino convertible! Unusual for swapmeet cruiser, right?

In 1999 Paul helped me learn how to use a PC and taught me HTML, how to list on eBay, in turn I helped him move from his home to another out of state. My computer background prior to was zero. I owe him a debt of gratitude.

We did a lot of deals back 'n forth over the years. Hung out on Saturday nights every year at Trexlertown with Sam and Mary.

Paul visited my home in NJ 3-4 times when he and his dog Stinky where on the road. What a nice dog up close and in person. From a distance not so much, very scary! LOL! We always had to make sure our cats were secure before Paul let her out of the van. Once outside, Stinky was very sweet with her tail always a - waggin'!.

Paul was ALWAYS there to answer any prewar or antiquue bike question I had. A true friend indeed!

I am Still in shock at the moment.

I am truly sorry to hear this....

Sincerely,

Joe

Last edited:
View attachment 1382020
On the 13th Paul was torturing me about the rusty Excelsior motorcycle I am selling lol..
He sent a message through ebay that said "Trade" ?
Attached to the message was this old photo of "The Flying Merkel find".
I answered by saying I have enough Flying Monkeys already....

Paul took me to this barn once. This is and I think always will be the best Flying Merkel ever found. He didn't even own it that long. For Paul the thrill was the hunt. He found some amazing stuff.

Sad news - sorry i am finding out so late, i havent been logging in as much lately. :( i would have joined the zoom

I met paul twice, bought my first SK from him in PA ... and ever since i bought it he was always trying to buy it back :)

would chat to him now and again on the cabe... wow. Feel bad for him and his family. RIP

Back