When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Victor H. Roos // Roos Flyer Bicycles What Is this ??

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Classic Cool Rides

Wore out three sets of tires already!
In Memoriam
Hello CABE'ers!

A CABE'er friend of mine @Sprockets and I were in an Antique store in Braselton, GA today and snagged this little gem ........
Some little advertising trinket (Maybe a whistle ??) made of wood just over 3" long.
I "googled" Victor H. Roos and found some history of the man from Omaha, NE related to Cessna aircraft.
Digging a little deeper I saw a ROOS FLYER BICYCLE that went to auction back in 2015, in Omaha
The bicycle appeared to be a Mid-30's bike (26" Balloon wheels on a 28" wheel Moto-bike frame)

SO ....... my questions are:

A) what is this trinket ??
B) has anybody here ever seen the Rare ROOS Flyer Bicycle ??

Would love to hear some history of this and that bicycle company!! Thanks! CCR Dave
ROOS 1.jpg
ROOS 2.jpg
ROOS 3.jpg

That is one SWEET lookin' head badge!
Thank you for sharing! I hope somebody here has a bike to share pics with us....
Cheers! CCR Dave
You bet!
I hope so too, I've wondered if they always made their own bikes or eventually sold Schwinn's.

Sent from my SM-G530T using Tapatalk

Well........ I'm still not convinced its a whistle. Some say it appears to be that BUT.....no matter how I try to make it work as a whistle--No Luck.

BUT....... I discovered it had a little "wooden Plug" in the "front" that carefully is removable. MAYBE it is a "PENCIL TOPPER" ??

Has anybody seen anything like this little advertising gadget before ??
ROOS PENCIL 1.jpg
ROOS PENCIL 2.jpg

It sure looks like a whistle to me also , I googled old wooden whistles.
I know that with some whistles, often wooden ones, you need to blow softly to get noise out, blowing hard won't work or possibly being that their hand made the geometry might be off a little and maybe it never did work

Sure it’s not a whistle?
It sure looks like a whistle to me also , I googled old wooden whistles.
I know that with some whistles, often wooden ones, you need to blow softly to get noise out, blowing hard won't work or possibly being that their hand made the geometry might be off a little and maybe it never did work

You guys are correct! I also searched (just now) on ebay for "old wooden whistles advertising" and found similar styles with old advertising.

I can't try to get it to work now because my wife and dogs are already asleep:eek:........ but I will try again. Maybe mine is defective.

Thank you guys for helping me solve this mystery. I had NOT seen old wooden whistle ever before now.......

Now if only someone here on the CABE has the old ROOS Bicycle to show us...... must be pretty darn rare! Thanks again guys!! CCR Dave

Ha i knew it....it’s the antique dealer in me many years of hard work.. I should go into appraisals but picking is much more exciting. It might have had a small dried pea in the tube..

Last edited:
Back