When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Victor High Wheel

-

Lonnie P

On Training Wheels
I'm new to the hobby & just purchased this bike less than a week ago.
I'm looking for any info you could share... I've been searching the net, but there is limited info out there.

It is a 54" of approx 1887 vintage.
Could anyone help to identify the year, or provide any serial number ranges based on year, it would be greatly appreciated.

I'm also looking for many items...
The handle bars are pretty rough & the back wheel is incorrect.

If you have anything for me or can offer any advice, I appreciate your responses.

Thanks in advance,
Lonnie

@Lonnie P , if you haven't done so already. My first recommendation is to join The Wheelmen. Their news letters and other publications contain sources for parts etc. which are a valuable resource for bikes of this vintage. https://www.thewheelmen.com/sections/membership/membership.php

Nice Victor highwheel you have there. Best of success with your restoration.

I just joined that site.

I'll try him also.

Any ideas on the value of this "as is" & also in restored condition?

Thanks for all the help.
Any & all info is appreciated.

The Cabe store sells a book called,
The Antique Bicycle by Donald Adams.
It’s the best written source of information for identifying these old bicycles.

If you don’t find it on the Cabe eBay store, Amazon also has it.
It’s a great book.

Last edited:
On its way, thanks.... found a good deal on eBay.

I also looked at the Copake auction site last week... there were a few selling for rather good money.
I'm not looking to sell, but want to make sure I do not get on the wrong side of my investment.

Back