When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Video for Schwinn kickstand removal and install

-
Awesome video! I wish I knew that method back in the day before I got the park tool. I can’t tell you how many frames I scratched and how many times I stabbed myself using a flat blade screw driver to push that collar in, lol

This video makes it look easy, and it is, but you need to make sure your crescent wrench has a lip around the whole opening at the end of the wrench, not all of them do.

I tried This year’s ago and ended up buying the nice Schwinn kickstand tool. I’m not sure if it was Schwinns quality control or the different style of frames but the kickstand tube isn’t mounted the same on all of them and this crescent wrench trick rarely worked for me.

I tried This year’s ago and ended up buying the nice Schwinn kickstand tool. I’m not sure if it was Schwinns quality control or the different style of frames but the kickstand tube isn’t mounted the same on all of them and this crescent wrench trick rarely worked for me.

Yeah, I didn't have much luck with it either. Some have suggested putting a lock washer of the appropriate size over it first, but I never got that far. I just made a tool out of a 7/8 inch seat post cut into the shape of a C and a C clamp. The seat post piece fits over the outside of the kickstand and the C clamp is used to compress it. Works fine for me (and cheap). I think the Schwinn tool looks to be the easiest to use though.

Back