When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Viking barn find

-

Bubbasmith

On Training Wheels
I got this out of a barn recently and haven't been able to find anything out about it, need your help!

IMG_20190917_161929101.jpg

IMG_20190917_161937609.jpg

Looks like a Westfield built bike. Westfield called the model the “Junior Roadster” for most years 1920 thru middle 1930’s.
Serial number prefix letter on the bottom would indicate the year. Neat handle bar (older).

Last edited:
It would take a ton of work and time, but this bike does have good potential and would be really nice restored. Probably dates to around 1915-1920 or so I would reckon; early 1920s, so about 100 years old. Looks all original and complete and appears to have a duck-tailed front fender which is nice. Nice old style handle bars. Very good find if you ask me!

Super cool to see an earlier Westfield bike looks like it's from the 20's take your time trying to turn that handlebar stem around for sure!!

Post up the serial!!

-----

Thanks very much for posting! ;)

There were also British and French Viking marques.

...one of those names which can lead to potential confusion...

-----

Back