When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage 1973 (i Think) Motobecane Team Champion.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
is there anyone out there that knows how to decode the serial numbers on 1970's motobecane bikes ?

Thanks to everyone for the help and for sharing pics of your awesome bikes. Today seems to be the age of throwing away everything that is not shinny and new. It is refreshing to find a community of people that can appreciate cool old stuff like these vintage bicycles. :)

tumblr_mw89g4TGtO1sjnb9eo1_1280.jpg

if you want to get me started on China cookie cutters and the waste of the mega bicycle industry convincing us everything we have is obsolete this year - well, we'll be here awhile

Last edited:
I have a 1973 or 74 Motobecane team champion that is in very good condition. All Nuovo Record components in excellent condition. It had some damage on the handle bars and I really wanted to make a sweet vintage rider out of it. I dialed it all in and replaced the damaged bars and seat. I love this bike, its like a work of art to me. However I was unable to make it fit me so I may consider a sale or a trade. Located in mid Michigan. What is there to know about this bike ?? I am 6'-0 and the bike is probably suitable for a 5'6" to 5'9" rider.

View attachment 348649

View attachment 348650

View attachment 348651

View attachment 348652

View attachment 348653

Back