When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Alunimum Stem Question?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Rides4Fun

Finally riding a big boys bike
Hi Guys,

Noticed that my Torrington Gooseneck stem has a crack in it. I’m thinking that this is not a fixable problem, but wanted to ask others if that is the case? Is there any value to the stem in this condition? I guess part of the value may be related to me seeing it before riding it.....just a shame that this occurred to an otherwise nice looking stem.

Thanks,

Barry

232D128D-C9BA-4CD4-B4F0-3A84FA3ACFD7.jpeg
232D128D-C9BA-4CD4-B4F0-3A84FA3ACFD7.jpeg
Here’s the pic guys.....

Shawn, Thank you for the link and information. I actually used the search thread before posting, but didn’t find anything.

This aluminum Torrington gooseneck stem was on my 1939 Westfield model C59TC Miami Motibike when I acquired it. Can someone let me know this was original to the bike or if there is a suitable steel stem that would also have been used and what type it would be? Based on the information above (see link), I am thinking that I would like to replace it with a steel stem if that would appear original since I plan to ride the bike a lot.

Thank you very much,

Barry

Hi Guys,

Noticed that my Torrington Gooseneck stem has a crack in it. I’m thinking that this is not a fixable problem, but wanted to ask others if that is the case? Is there any value to the stem in this condition? I guess part of the value may be related to me seeing it before riding it.....just a shame that this occurred to an otherwise nice looking stem.

Thanks,

Barry
I would not recommend fixing.

Back