When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage banana seats are all splitting?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

creebobby

Finally riding a big boys bike
I remember 20 years ago most vintage banana seats were fine. Now so many have split and are cracking.
I was at a hot rod show recently - I sat down on a barn fresh midget Stingray and the seat split in two spots. Seemed fine before I sat on it.
Are we getting to a point where none of the vintage vinyl banana seats are safe to sit on without risking a split?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ozone which is present at all times in natural air will deteriorate rubber containing products over time. Sunlight doesn't help either. Ozone is even more prevalent from the rotation of electric motors, so storing these close to your fan in your furnace is not ideal.

I'm a diver and was told to never store any diving equipment in my basement next to electric motors.

I remember 20 years ago most vintage banana seats were fine. Now so many have split and are cracking.
I was at a hot rod show recently - I sat down on a barn fresh midget Stingray and the seat split in two spots. Seemed fine before I sat on it.
Are we getting to a point where none of the vintage vinyl banana seats are safe to sit on without risking a split?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Awesome-Weightwatchers-Logo-27-About-Remodel-Logo-Creater-with-Weightwatchers-Logo.png

Back