When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage bicycle license tag... era??

-

Gretsch Guy

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I'm an infrequent poster, but have been lurking for over a year. This may be the wrong category for this inquiry (depending on what ya'll tell me I have). Thanks in advance for any perspective on this antique bicycle tag/plaque I've acquired. My question is... what era might this be from?? I'm hoping it might be older than the 50s, and potentially appropriate from my TOC parts bike. But I don't want to use it if it doesn't match the time-frame of the rest of the bike (or is at least close). It's curved, but would be about 1.75" across if it were flat, and it's about an inch tall. I think it's made from aluminum. Here's some pix... what do you think??

bike tag front.jpg

bike tag back.jpg

i had a similar tag from kansas city dated 1937. I wouldn't think it was much older, and as island schwinn said could go into the fifties. cool tag but I'm a little biased as I'm from kc

i had a similar tag from kansas city dated 1937. I wouldn't think it was much older, and as island schwinn said could go into the fifties. cool tag but I'm a little biased as I'm from kc
Thanks for your reply. I'm in KC too... which is why this tag was interesting to me. But if it's from a different era than my TOC parts racer, I think I'll leave it off.

Back