When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage bike headlight bulbs

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Ernbar

I live for the CABE
Can the 3w double D battery powered vintage bike headlight be upgraded to a brighter light bulb?Both my lights on my bikes are ok but a brighter beam would be much better.

It is my understanding that there are LED replacements available for those.

The screw in kind can be found on eBay Chinese Import dirt cheap but you will wait a month .
If you Google led light bulbs there is a British Company that sell high end led bulbs for bike lights and also mag lights
they sell Cree bulbs expensive but worth it and also sell a kind of filter so they function properly and they ship fast .
If you are using a generator or dynamo it is tricky but battery's no problem .

Try Reflectalite I think that is the sites name

Last edited:
Thanks both for the info. I have two bikes with dynamos but I’m not dealing with those now but my other two bikes that use D size batteries. They work ok but would like them to be brighter.
I saw both the ones from China and the UK on eBay. The dynamo bulbs for my other two bikes I got on EBay from France and got here pretty fast.

Back