When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage bike rack for car

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here's The square stalk style, I used the top crossmember and bike hangers off of this rack years ago on a trailer.
image.jpg

Thanks everyone. Good stuff.

mrg,
can you explain how they get mounted? on the " hoop" one, does the bolted hook thing go over the top of the bumper and the chain to the bottom? seems sketchy.
square stalk one seems a little more sturdy. bolted hook on top and bottom of bumper right?
suppose i could put some sort of padding to protect the bumper.

The weight is on the top of the bumper so the chain just stabilize it and sometimes they had a rubber strip to protect the bumper but the chrome was a lot tougher.

I picked this one up at an auction, the car looks like a 72 plymouth duster so it should work on my 73 monte carlo, or my 66 cadillac, that is if I could bring myself to take it put of the sealed box!
20180731_210951.jpg

I have one like the pink-painted half circle shown above only mine is original paint black which I am sure ups the value by 25 to 50 cents!:D

I've kept it for many years even tho I'll never use it to insure my admission to the Hoarders Hall of Fame.

-----

There was an Italian made roof rack at this time widely employed for sports bicycles called the La Prealpina.

They were of all-steel construction and had a grey painted finish.

Spent a few minutes just now attempting to find some images without success. Everything which comes up is modern. :(

The manufacturer is still going today.

https://www.laprealpina.net/en/

-----

Back