When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Columbia Bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bass

'Lil Knee Scuffer
Hi,

I'm new to the forum and wondering if anyone has any suggestions for helping to ID this bike. I believe it's a vintage Columbia girl's bike, but I'm not sure. There is no Columbia emblem on the front, or any other identifying info except for the serial number. Any suggestions or help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
Columbia bike.JPG
Columbia bike light.JPG
Columbia bike serial no..JPG

Thanks. I’m also trying to get more information about the headlight & whether it’s vintage.

Thanks. I’m also trying to get more information about the headlight & whether it’s vintage.
Screenshot_20200506-015334_Chrome.jpg
You need to either check the Bottom Bracket under the cranks or the left rear drop out. From what I can tell it's most likely post war 50's. From what I have been told here it's identical to my 2- '50s Columbia tank frame bikes. 1 is a 24" and 1 is a 26"

The headlight is mid-1950s and I would reckon, original to that bike. That is a nice deluxe torpedo headlight that you often find on Columbias built around that time. Appears repainted, and could probably be made to work just fine as it is, if the battery cradle is clean. May need a new E-10 incandescent light bulb possibly, but try what's in there first. This light takes 2 D-.Cell batteries.

The light is correct for the bike just not the hideous colors! As the chart show bike is 1955 and could have any number of Westfield badges to include Columbia. You may look where the head badge was and see if you see any sort of 'ghosting' that may give a clue to the original badge. V/r Shawn

Back