When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage engine in a Worksman Frame?

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Henryford2

Finally riding a big boys bike
Will a vintage Whizzer engine fit in an unmodified Worksman INB (Newsboy) frame? Thanks

no way unless heavy mods , Schwinn cantilever give the best clearance ,worksman HD wheels are great

This was a Chainmakers build on the motorized bike forum.

01C5E3A3-36D6-4870-98DB-E2B383A593A1.jpeg

Whizzers often fit tight frames by using a low fin head and welded mounts, but they're so tilted that the carb is not level, the echo pipe sticks way up in back and it looks way crooked. Not a good idea. There's plenty of nice heavy duty frames that it will fit comfortably into and look great. I have 2 in Schwinn DX frames and 1 in a Roadmaster. Like Whizzerbug says, you can't beat a Schwinn cantilever frame for the easiest fit.

DSCN6800_zps0ce92257.jpg

DSCN6486_zpse9bfbac3.jpg

SDC10452.jpg

Last edited:
I'd like to stay with the straight bar for appearance. So discount the Worksman, my two remaining choices are the Schwinn and CWC frames. Thanks, Joe

If you already have a Worksman bike you should measure it and make sure if the Whizzer motor will fit or not. The process is illustrated in section 1 page 1 of the installation manual. Mine is a copy of a copy and the dimensions aren't very clear, but you can get the idea. Maybe another member can fill in the exact numbers.

DSCN7949.JPG

DSCN7950.JPG

No, don't have the worksman frame. I contemplated buying a complete worksman bike. It already has the heavy duty wheels. I like the looks of the flat bar for what I'm planning on building. I may look at the Sportsman (Worksman) loop frame as well. Thanks

holy-grail-1949-schwinn-fat-bar_1_38d0c356a09c9b8456a6ba1dca06fb00.jpg

flyercruiser.jpg

CWC straightbar with tank @ whizzer.jpg

worksman frame.jpg

Back