When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Fuji Special Road Racer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

digitaljim

On Training Wheels
I have a Fuji Special Road Racer that I have owned since I was a teen. It is all original and just about like new condition. This is not a restoration it’s all original. I even have the owner’s manual. I am toying with the idea of parting ways with it, and I am trying to find out how to properly value a bike like this. Any information would be greatly appreciated.

Try looking at what they have sold for on eBay as a start. Is the frame a 23 or 24 inch? Beautiful bike you have really taken care of it over the years. Tim

-----

size -

mfr's frame size regime at this time was 19 1/2", 21", 23" & 25" (nominal) as measured centre to top

wheel size is 27" which gives some people the idea that it is a "27" bike"

subject cycle appears to be the 23" frame size

odd perspective of initial image is slightly misleading

-----

Beautiful bike and respect for keeping it in such wonderful shape through out your ownership. Whomever is lucky enough to be the next caretaker they will be getting a fine steed to admire and ride. Welcome to the Cabe and good luck with your sale.

Just got here...
Shorty fenders are good to CP brakes - they keep road dust and muck from all the crannies

Slightly older thread, but Fuji catalogs are now back online. They will give you the information you want about your S10S. Yours is from the mid-1970s, and appears to have Ukai alloy rims. The original Belt leather saddle is somewhat of a rare find on these bikes. Yours has a 23" frame with 27" wheels. The SunTour bar-con shifters are a very nice upgrade over the standard down tube shifters. The paint, decals and metal finish on yours are in exceptionally nice shape.

These bikes always have special place in my memory bank.
The Summer of 1980, I was bombing down a hill on my way home from work, and the news that John Bonham/drummer for Led Zeppelin, who had just died was going through my head.
I rounded a moving van that was parked on the corner, and met head on with a lady in a Alpha Romeo, BAM!
Just like that, my Fuji Special Road Racer folded up like a beer can.
I flew through the wind shield and ended up with a hundred and seventy five stitches in my face.
So, every time I see one of these bikes, I harken back to that day, and my last ride on the Fuji Special Road Racer.

Last edited:
Back