When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Head Badges Photos

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Here is my favorite badge. Hans Johnsen Company was founded in 1903 and located here in Dallas Texas. They celebrated their 100th anniversary in 2003 and are still going strong. (They are one of my vendors at the bike shop).

The Longhorn badge is from the teens. It is a Maltese cross like the Racycle badge. Interesting thing is Hans Johnsen was a Miami/Racycle distributor, so I suspect that Miami helped them design this badge.

356T5-1.jpg

I recently found a teens era Miami built bike with the same badge on it.

P2SQL-1.jpg

hjc26-1.jpg

It's a shame you're not interested in chainrings because in England we've had some great ones... very distinctive...

Here's the Rudge sitting to the left of me in the living room :)

Photo0302.jpg

Everyone seems to know the 'herons head' by Raleigh, but that's what makes our bikes more distinctive than the head badge. Back in the 20's-50's when every bike looked identical, and every bike was black, it was the chainring that manufacturers here concentrated on so that, as with the one above, if you saw the 'hand' symbol you knew it was a Rudge ;)

That is a cool badge!

Here is my favorite badge. Hans Johnsen Company was founded in 1903 and located here in Dallas Texas. They celebrated their 100th anniversary in 2003 and are still going strong. (They are one of my vendors at the bike shop).

The Longhorn badge is from the teens. It is a Maltese cross like the Racycle badge. Interesting thing is Hans Johnsen was a Miami/Racycle distributor, so I suspect that Miami helped them design this badge.

356T5-1.jpg

I recently found a teens era Miami built bike with the same badge on it.

P2SQL-1.jpg

hjc26-1.jpg

BMX040001 m&l.jpg

Maybe the rarest badge on a bike today.
It's a paper badge from about 1974--75 BMX era.
Reported to be an early prototype Murphy&Littlejohn---before Littlejohn/Murphy
4 known frames--this is the only one that is original.

BMX040001 m&l.jpg

Back