When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Hercules Tourist 3 speed

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

usarnie1

Finally riding a big boys bike
I rescued this bike from a Craigslist ad (see last photo). It was in need of a lot of help! I became the third owner of this bike! Basically, I kept the frame, forks, 3 piece bottom bracket, 3 speed AW hub, handlebars and stem. Everything else was replaced. I believe what I have is a 1952 Hercules Tourist (serial #74033CA). It has the Hercules Tourist decal on the head tube instead of a brass shield. It has the later frame style (not TI), with the fender stay holes to the rear of the drop outs. It has a 1952 Sturmey Archer 3 speed AW Hub that I laced up to a NOS Raleigh Westrick Rim. I added an early Her-Cu-Matic shifter. The accessories I added to this bike are: Brooks B190 leather saddle with a Brooks leather tool pouch (not shown in photo), McKeelite nickel plated drum headlight with a Miller generator and tail light, Midland Sports carrying rack with a Wicker basket attached, Raleigh hand grips, 3" Raleigh Bell, Raleigh Westrick rims, Schwalbe Marathon Tires, Lucas Cyclometer, chrome air pump, 22 Tooth rear cog and a rear view mirror. Note: fenders were added from a later model Raleigh LTD-3 donner Bicycle and the correct NOS 1/2 chain guard was found on E-bay.

I obtained the Hercules Tourist chain guard sticker from redbubble.com, it is slightly smaller than the original. However, I think it looks great! Is the bike finished? No, it is a work in progress!

HT1.JPG

BrooksB190-1.JPG

HerculesTouristSticker.JPG

Screen Shot 2017-02-05 at 7.41.58 PM.png

Last edited:
I would like to add the same kind of headlight you have on your bike. Any suggestions on where I can get the set up?

I would like to see a close up of the Herc-U-Matic shifter. I like what you have done, one of my Raleigh Sports was a $5 rustbucket. Now is is a good rider with mis-matched fenders and chainguard, and alloy stem and bars.

Mens Coffee Salvage.JPG

Back