When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Irish Mail

-

Robiecycle

On Training Wheels
This is an “Irish Mail” known to many as a “Doodlebug”. It was made in the mid 1930’s. A couple of possible Manufactures come up, Beckley – Ralston in Chicago and the Hill Standard company in Anderson, Indiana.

I bought this to educate my grandchildren about this unique means of propulsion. They enjoyed it and now the “Irish Mail” sets idle and is in need of a new set of playmates.

I believe it to be mostly original. The paint looks like it hasn’t been redone. The tires were in very bad shape so they were replaced by Holmes Wheel shop in Holmesville, Ohio. They did a great job and used the old methods and materials to replace them. It functions perfectly.

For shipping I have removed the front Axle assembly. Just two quickly removed nuts and bolts and on it goes. Threading over the handles makes for a very easy reassemble.

I have really enjoyed the materials, craftsmanship, and unique propulsion mechanism in this very heavy duty little beauty.

It is boxed and ready to ship. I am also listing on Ebay. $850.00

I am asking $850.00

IRISH7.jpg

Back