When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage J C Higgins 3 Speed Bike Denver area

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Balloonoob

I live for the CABE
Is this a middleweight? Not my typical style but love the chain ring and lots of character. https://denver.craigslist.org/bik/d/denver-vintage-c-higgins-3-speed-bike/6842632648.html

00O0O_iRRN5pLaSGN_600x450.jpg

Lightweight. My childhood buddy across the street had one of those in the vary early 60's.

Don't underestimate these 3 speeds. They are not flashy like the ballooner but extremely efficient transportation. There are millions of these all over the world from every bike manufacturer and can be had fairly cheap. Fun to ride as well!!

I was 14 in 1963 when I bought my Hercules 3 speed at the local Gambles Hardware Story in small town Minnesota and it changed my life forever. I soon was able extend my range of places I could to a 20 mile radius and by the time I was 16 I could could do 50 mile ride. Eventually added 2 front sprockets and 2 rear sprockets which combined with the SA hub to give me 12 gears. Learned how to repair the hub but it lasted me through college years. Roger

Yeah I used to ride a beater lightweight to high school sometimes... Didn't even have to lock it up. Almost skidded sideways stopping way too close to a Lowrider trying to prove a point (stop pulling out in front of me on the sidewalk.... Watch where you are driving) that could have ended badly.

I would reply to the add that has it priced at $60 if it was something I wanted. Just to meet the guy. And save the $60 add when he says it's $300 now. :oops:

Ok found another one for 10 bucks an almost 60 year old bike for 10 dollars may be too hard to pass up. Lots of character and fairly complete hmmm. Not the ballooner I'm itching for but dang. I think i need more bike storage. Hehe.

00z0z_eKOmn8Y8i8S_600x450.jpg

There is not a lot here to love in Illinois but it is flat so a three speed is a great ride. Schwinn and English bikes look best but many American brands are in the $30 dollar range. In my riding club, the expensive bikes get flats and break spokes. My three speeds never fail.

Back