When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Lightweight Parts (1940s Schwinn & Torrington; 1960s Miller)

-

SirMike1983

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
1. 1960s Miller fork-mounted generator. SOLD

2. 1940s Schwinn cottered crank set: formerly from a tandem. Schwinn script stamps. Jogwheel has been removed and the backside of non-drive blued. Really nice plating. Straight cranks. Good chainring. Uncommon "clover" chainring on cottered cranks. These take standard 1/2 inch American pattern pedals. Great for your 1940s Schwinn lightweight. $65 shipped.

3. 1940s: three pairs of Schwinn lightweight brake holders and blocks. Sold as a lot to round-out your old Schinn lightweights or to re-fill with your choice of blocks. Schwinn embossed on blocks. Varying condition overall - some are nice and grey still, some are brown. Varying hardware - some had nuts and washers, some have slightly smaller hardware. Plenty of pieces here to complete your bikes though. $35 shipped for everything.

4. WWII era Torrington pedals with 4 inch blocks. SOLD

5. 1940s Schwinn "cushion" grips. Uncommon, higher-end Schwinn grips commonly seen on the Superior and Continental in the 1940s. Chip missing from the end of one, but useable - not all distorted with age. Hard to find grips in any useable condition. Schwinn logo is still pretty nice on these. SOLD

20180708_170821.jpg

20180708_170849.jpg

View media item 27124
View media item 27123
View media item 27136
View media item 27122

Last edited:
1. 1960s Miller fork-mounted generator. SOLD

2. 1940s Schwinn cottered crank set: formerly from a tandem. Schwinn script stamps. Jogwheel has been removed and the backside of non-drive blued. Really nice plating. Straight cranks. Good chainring. Uncommon "clover" chainring on cottered cranks. These take standard 1/2 inch American pattern pedals. Great for your 1940s Schwinn lightweight. $65 shipped.

3. 1940s: three pairs of Schwinn lightweight brake holders and blocks. Sold as a lot to round-out your old Schinn lightweights or to re-fill with your choice of blocks. Schwinn embossed on blocks. Varying condition overall - some are nice and grey still, some are brown. Varying hardware - some had nuts and washers, some have slightly smaller hardware. Plenty of pieces here to complete your bikes though. $35 shipped for everything.

4. WWII era Torrington pedals with 4 inch blocks. SOLD

5. 1940s Schwinn "cushion" grips. Uncommon, higher-end Schwinn grips commonly seen on the Superior and Continental in the 1940s. Chip missing from the end of one, but useable - not all distorted with age. Hard to find grips in any useable condition. Schwinn logo is still pretty nice on these. $55 shipped.

View attachment 836099

View attachment 836100

View media item 27124
View media item 27123
View media item 27136
View media item 27122
I know it’s a long shot but do you by chance still have the black cushion grips for sale from this post? Thanks, Jim

I have found the right hand chainring crank arm for the tandem and no longer need that. I do, however, still need the right hand side non -chainring crank arm. Do you have one of those for sale? If so, how much?

I'm not sure what I have will work. I'd have to look. I have the drive-side clover sprocket and crank. The other arm in the picture is a non-drive side arm that has had the jog wheel removed at some point to be used on a regular bike.

What I don't recall, and I'll have to check, is if I have any other arms from this set. I recall getting some other arms from an old Schwinn tandem, but I didn't put them up for sale initially. I'll check and see if I have any other arms from that tandem set and let you know.

Back