When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Lightweight Parts (1940s Schwinn & Torrington; 1960s Miller)

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

SirMike1983

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
1. 1960s Miller fork-mounted generator. SOLD

2. 1940s Schwinn cottered crank set: formerly from a tandem. Schwinn script stamps. Jogwheel has been removed and the backside of non-drive blued. Really nice plating. Straight cranks. Good chainring. Uncommon "clover" chainring on cottered cranks. These take standard 1/2 inch American pattern pedals. Great for your 1940s Schwinn lightweight. $65 shipped.

3. 1940s: three pairs of Schwinn lightweight brake holders and blocks. Sold as a lot to round-out your old Schinn lightweights or to re-fill with your choice of blocks. Schwinn embossed on blocks. Varying condition overall - some are nice and grey still, some are brown. Varying hardware - some had nuts and washers, some have slightly smaller hardware. Plenty of pieces here to complete your bikes though. $35 shipped for everything.

4. WWII era Torrington pedals with 4 inch blocks. SOLD

5. 1940s Schwinn "cushion" grips. Uncommon, higher-end Schwinn grips commonly seen on the Superior and Continental in the 1940s. Chip missing from the end of one, but useable - not all distorted with age. Hard to find grips in any useable condition. Schwinn logo is still pretty nice on these. SOLD

20180708_170821.jpg

20180708_170849.jpg

View media item 27124
View media item 27123
View media item 27136
View media item 27122

Last edited:
1. 1960s Miller fork-mounted generator. SOLD

2. 1940s Schwinn cottered crank set: formerly from a tandem. Schwinn script stamps. Jogwheel has been removed and the backside of non-drive blued. Really nice plating. Straight cranks. Good chainring. Uncommon "clover" chainring on cottered cranks. These take standard 1/2 inch American pattern pedals. Great for your 1940s Schwinn lightweight. $65 shipped.

3. 1940s: three pairs of Schwinn lightweight brake holders and blocks. Sold as a lot to round-out your old Schinn lightweights or to re-fill with your choice of blocks. Schwinn embossed on blocks. Varying condition overall - some are nice and grey still, some are brown. Varying hardware - some had nuts and washers, some have slightly smaller hardware. Plenty of pieces here to complete your bikes though. $35 shipped for everything.

4. WWII era Torrington pedals with 4 inch blocks. SOLD

5. 1940s Schwinn "cushion" grips. Uncommon, higher-end Schwinn grips commonly seen on the Superior and Continental in the 1940s. Chip missing from the end of one, but useable - not all distorted with age. Hard to find grips in any useable condition. Schwinn logo is still pretty nice on these. $55 shipped.

View attachment 836099

View attachment 836100

View media item 27124
View media item 27123
View media item 27136
View media item 27122
I know it’s a long shot but do you by chance still have the black cushion grips for sale from this post? Thanks, Jim

I have found the right hand chainring crank arm for the tandem and no longer need that. I do, however, still need the right hand side non -chainring crank arm. Do you have one of those for sale? If so, how much?

I'm not sure what I have will work. I'd have to look. I have the drive-side clover sprocket and crank. The other arm in the picture is a non-drive side arm that has had the jog wheel removed at some point to be used on a regular bike.

What I don't recall, and I'll have to check, is if I have any other arms from this set. I recall getting some other arms from an old Schwinn tandem, but I didn't put them up for sale initially. I'll check and see if I have any other arms from that tandem set and let you know.

Back