When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage NorCal bike swap and show

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
What a great meet! Big attaboy thanks to the folks at Bike Haus of Elk Grove for having the meet at their shop-we filled the parking lot up. A big thanks to C.A.B.E.'s own @acurint (eric) of the Hooligan's Bike Club(based out of Sacramento) for handling the swap end of this meet. Bike Haus handled the show and it was at least 2 to 3 times bigger this year and a lot of nice stuff was on display. @Livmojoe got ahold of his stingray buddies on Facebook and they showed up 'en masse' bringing restored-original and parts up the wazoo! The stingray crowd definately dominated the swap this time around! Overall the buying crowd tripled this year. By far the most interesting thing at the meet was C.A.B.E.'s own @SJ_BIKER and his fender rolling machine. He'd replaced the crank with a small wheel/tire(maybe 16") which gave him solid control as he meticulously worked over each fender. He is definately a master of his craft. He stayed busy from start to finish of the meet! This is the third time Bike Haus has under written this meet. It is an established meet and again a big attaboy thanks to Bike Haus and @acurint for putting it on. Hopefully there will be more pictures posted of the meet.

Last edited:
What a great meet! Big attaboy thanks to the folks at Bike Haus of Elk Grove for having the meet at their shop-we filled the parking lot up. A big thanks to C.A.B.E.'s own @acurint (eric) of the Hooligan's Bike Club(based out of Sacramento) for handling the swap end of this meet. Bike Haus handled the show and it was at least 2 to 3 times bigger this year and a lot of nice stuff was on display. @Livmojoe got ahold of his stingray buddies on Facebook and they showed up 'en masse' bringing restored-original and parts up the wazoo! The stingray crowd definately dominated the swap this time around! Overall the buying crowd tripled this year. By far the most interesting thing at the meet was C.A.B.E.'s own @SJ_BIKER and his fender rolling machine. He'd replaced the crank with a small wheel/tire(maybe 16") which gave him solid control as he meticulously worked over each fender. He is definately a master of his craft. He stayed busy from start to finish of the meet! This is the third time Bike Haus has under written this meet. It is an established meet and again a big attaboy thanks to Bike Haus and @acurint for putting it on. Hopefully there will be more pictures posted of the meet.
Yes I had a lot of positivity coming from the crowd of sellers and buyers and was very impressed with the show of bikes on display. Ryan was a little worried that there would not be many entries and it ended up being a proper bike show. Although there were some last minute no shows, there was still lots to browse through and have a great time talking shop with the regulars. Looking to have this as a twice a year spring and fall event and thank you so much for everyone's support.

IMG20230909113205.jpg

IMG20230909112828.jpg

IMG20230909112754.jpg

IMG20230909112752.jpg

IMG20230909112749.jpg

I got there at 730am and the place was already packed!! Gotta say this one was a nice treat. Got to see some real nice bikes and loads of parts out there, special projects revealed, surgery at some booths, lots of bicycle eye candy...it was well worth the trip. As for the fender rolling service, y'all had me working!! and I loved it. Had the chance to explain the process to people who had never seen it in action and I was asked to give my number out specifically for the service. I may just bring it with me moving forward in case anyone needs the service... how's that for mobile service..ha!
. Best of all got to see good ol pals and enjoyed exchanging stories with them. And a special bonus... sold off things just laying around.
The days was too short man. I'm really happy to hear there maybe 2 swaps at this location moving forward....it'll be a good boost to the hobby.

Last edited:
P.s. if anyone has one of these units with the attachments for sale I'm really interested in buying them. I acquired my tool from a local bike shop in Sunnyvale but it is one of the early versions that jaf/co sold a while ago. Anyhow just putting it out there....
Below are pics of the new and improved version. They're out there fellas...

Screenshot_20230910-084941.png

Screenshot_20230910-084938.png

Screenshot_20230910-084926.png

Screenshot_20230910-084913.png

Last edited:
I got there at 730am and the place was already packed!! Gotta say this one was a nice treat. Got to see some real nice bikes and loads of parts out there, special projects revealed, surgery at some booths, lots of bicycle eye candy...it was well worth the trip. As for the fender rolling service, y'all had me working!! and I loved it. Had the chance to explain the process to people who had never seen it in action and I was asked to give my number out specifically for the service. I may just bring it with me moving forward in case anyone needs the service... how's that for mobile service..ha!
. Best of all got to see good ol pals and enjoyed exchanging stories with them. And a special bonus... sold off things just laying around.
The days was too short man. I'm really happy to hear there maybe 2 swaps at this location moving forward....it'll be a good boost to the hobby.
Very glad to hear it. I always consider that an equal benefit of making money and finding parts is shooting the breeze with like-minded people.

Another fun day at a bike swap. I have spent plenty lately, so wasn't in the spending mood at all. I think I bought a total of $55 and most of that went to a vintage wooden skate board, and I was good with that. Consulted with our friend John @Livmojoe, who is an East Bay skateboard legend in his day, and he believes it's an Hobie skateboard. "Cool," I said.

For me just seeing and hanging with the fellas and learning from the guys is what I enjoy the most. Thanks to our local Hooligan bike club, Bikehaus of Elk Grove for hosting, and Eric @acurint for organizing the swap. Until the next swap, Burley Creek?

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 001.jpg

David @Laffen_metal_works built frame, tank, and DD front fork with Ricky @Scrick67...

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 1.jpg

...smoothie Motorbike bike tank with Ted @tryder and Tyler @mr.cycleplane

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 2.jpg

...tempted because I'm crazy for DBRs

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 3.jpg

not familiar with Iver Johnson, but dig this fork and truss. Damaged?

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 4.jpg

Thankful to Jose @SJ_BIKER. Brought 3 fenders. For Jose to provide this service at a swap is so beneficial to us as we do not have to ship the items to an from and that's savings for all. Love that. David @Laffen_metal_works and I were talking with Jose, and just appreciate watching him do his craft.

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 5.jpg

Oooh....that's a rare fender. Why? Ted @tyrider knew.

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 6.jpg

Jose making sure everything is right

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 7.jpg

Always learning. The day before, Tyler walked me through on the phone on removing the tumbler from a prewar locking fork. And now he's showing us a little bit more on the intricates of the mechanism inside the fork. The little details. This is why I enjoy going to these gatherings.

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 8.jpg

More on these two forks later. See the difference?

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 9.jpg

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 10.jpg

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 11.jpg

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 12.jpg

Rare badge, Duplex out of Indiana, on a '47 fatbar

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 13.jpg

I like this vintage mid 80s Specialized Rockhopper. Rode really nice too.

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 14.jpg

Our wheel guy, Mr Gary Quail and his purchase of the day

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 15.jpg

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 16.jpg

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 17.jpg

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 18.jpg

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 19.jpg

'23 Hooligan swap (Fall) 20.jpg

Last edited:
Another fun day at a bike swap. I have spent plenty lately, so wasn't in the spending mood at all. I think I bought a total of $55 and most of that went to a vintage wooden skate board, and I was good with that. Consulted with our friend John @Livmojoe, who is an East Bay skateboard legend in his day, and he believes it's an Hobie skateboard. "Cool," I said.

For me just seeing and hanging with the fellas and learning from the guys is what I enjoy the most. Thanks to our local Hooligan bike club, Bikehaus of Elk Grove for hosting, and Eric @acurint for organizing the swap. Until the next swap, Burley Creek?

View attachment 1901253

View attachment 1901254

View attachment 1901255

View attachment 1901256

View attachment 1901257

View attachment 1901264

View attachment 1901265

View attachment 1901266

View attachment 1901267

View attachment 1901268

View attachment 1901269

View attachment 1901270
Yes, it's almost like the bikes are secondary compared to the hanging out and catching up because after all, relationships are much more important than bicycles at the end of the day but they're both amazing! We are also very happy to be able to donate half of the proceeds to host Bikehaus for the cash prizes for the equally awesome bike show.

Thanks Eric and all those from Bike Haus. I did a little less in selling this meet than in the previous ones at this location, but made up for it with some great buys from the great sellers that attended. Maybe I should have been focusing more on staying in my spot than walking around socializing and doing a lot of buying. I was one of the last to clear out from the meet as I had to break down my bikes to fit everything in my van, reminded me of a Semonian Farms meet almost 30 years ago when I bought a lot of great bikes, some still in my collection today, again though to busy buying than selling in my spot that day also. The meet had all cleared out but me and Jim from Jafco and his son in law I believe was with him that day. I was sitting alone in my spot when Jim was driving out to leave, he stopped, had a good hearted laugh at me sitting and taking apart bikes and shook his head and offered to bring some of my bikes back to Stockton with him. I thanked him for the offer but said it was easier to break down a few more of my bikes than make the trip from San Jose to Stockton during the following week to get the bikes from him. Thanks Jim for that offer 30 years ago, thanks to Eric and everyone at this meet. Hope to see you all next at Jim's meet next month.

Thanks @acurint & Bike Haus
I had a great time and it nice to see the CABER’s out and about.
‘I brought home a bunch of stuff & Best of All I bought some DX Fenders from @LarzBahrs and got @SJ_BIKER to roll them straight on the spot and learned a lot From him about Schwinn Fenders.
Thanks All !

Back