When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage OK Brand (Ming Lun) Contractible bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

dcbrown

On Training Wheels
Hi folks. I am completely new to this. But I found this old bike today. The badge has what looks like Mt Fuji and says "OK MING LUN". The text in the side says "OK BRAND CONTRACTIBLE BIKE". I noticed "SHIMANO" on the shift lever. It is a complicated little thing and meaures 39" long and 29" to the top of the handlebar. Can anyone tell me what this odd little thing is? I cannot find a thing about it on the internet. Thanks for any help!

20211022_182944.jpg

20211022_182540.jpg

20211022_183002.jpg

20211022_182728.jpg

20211022_182711.jpg

20211022_182629.jpg

Neat. Looks like a bike made to be portable with quick adjust mechanisms to raise/lower handlebar/stem, seatpost and lengthen/shorten (virtual) top tube distance. Conceptually like a folding bike but "contracts". Just my guess. Based on Shimano lark ss rear derailleur Maybe early 1970s.

Thank you. Are you familiar with the maker? I can't find a single thing about OK, OK MING LUN, etc. I am assuming Japanese?

Back