When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Orignal Schwinn World

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kenny Middendorf

Look Ma, No Hands!
Here is another auction find I have been lucky to find . no one wanted it for more than the 15.00 i had to give for it .It could use a stem and handle bars , looks like it was dropped on them from the rafters of a barn or something. I aired up the original tires and rode it the whole weekend. great bike ! cant wait to clean him up and cruise to work on it this summer.

IMG_5385.JPG

IMG_5386.JPG

IMG_5387.JPG

IMG_5388.JPG

IMG_5390.JPG

IMG_5391.JPG

IMG_5395.JPG

IMG_5396.JPG

IMG_5389.JPG

Thanks , according to the Schwinn date code tool says its built 3/16 to 3/18 of 1953 .# j14041 it has a few scars but shined up great .your new world looks great,cool bike .

Thanks , according to the Schwinn date code tool says its built 3/16 to 3/18 of 1953 .# j14041 it has a few scars but shined up great .your new world looks great,cool bike .

Now this is funny. I copied and paste your serial number in the serial number look up box on the schwinncruisers site and got this.

Congrats! Your bike is an original Chicago Schwinn.
Built: 09/18 of 1961. Go to 1961 Schwinn catalog -->

That's an early to mid 1950s paint and decal scheme. It's odd that it has a flat blade fork rather than the tubular fork for that era (the New World in this thread from 1953 has a tube fork). The catalogs from the era also describe "Schwinn tubular" fork. Does it appear original to you? It almost looks like a middleweight fork in a couple of the pictures because it looks like there's a large gap around the fender.

It's a really nice bike in a great color. It's a steal for what you paid. Be careful straightening that fork - looks like the bend is in the blades rather than a simple bend to the steerer tube. You may need to jig it and do a measured and matched bend on each blade.

That's an early to mid 1950s paint and decal scheme. It's odd that it has a flat blade fork rather than the tubular fork for that era (the New World in this thread from 1953 has a tube fork). The catalogs from the era also describe "Schwinn tubular" fork. Does it appear original to you? It almost looks like a middleweight fork in a couple of the pictures because it looks like there's a large gap around the fender.

It's a really nice bike in a great color. It's a steal for what you paid. Be careful straightening that fork - looks like the bend is in the blades rather than a simple bend to the steerer tube. You may need to jig it and do a measured and matched bend on each blade.
thanks for the info. everyone , ya that's weird i clicked your link to the decoder you used and clicked the go to catalogue section and there is no mention of a Schwinn world . the 53 catalogue shows a twin to mine (unless its black?) so I'm sticking with 1953 . oh yes I'll disassemble it repack everything ,clean and polish it all before summer. Hopefully the fork isn't to much of an issue i'll get it figured out though . live and learn!!!

I like to see how many times I get the wrong info from Schwinncruisers.com's serial number look up. Even the easy numbers come back with the wrong year. Anyway, I never use that SN look up when I want the correct info.

Last edited:
Back