When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

vintage track racer...super original condition

-
Price
Zipcode

Velo-dream

I live for the CABE
vintage track racer...super original condition

3000$ shipped

pay pal for friends only

Last edited:
I wanted to buy this bike many years ago when "Velociao" had it for sale. Then it went to another guy ( Germany ) and now you have it.

Just curious why you don't show the left side in your listing with any explanation? I can show some photos if you like. ( Velociao explained it in their listing )

Great bike!!! The Plum Vainqueur is an amazing bike but ......... "YOU SHOULD DISCLOSE THE LEFT SIDE" for interested buyers.

Here's one photo anyway for an example for those interested buyers > ( paint loss etc )

tumblr_num41kXqiv1tjoj1vo2_500.jpg

I wanted to buy this bike many years ago when "Velociao" had it for sale. Then it went to another guy ( Germany ) and now you have it.

Just curious why you don't show the left side in your listing with any explanation? I can show some photos if you like. ( Velociao explained it in their listing )

Great bike!!! The Plum Vainqueur is an amazing bike but ......... "YOU SHOULD DISCLOSE THE LEFT SIDE" for interested buyers.

Here's one photo anyway for an example for those interested buyers > ( paint loss etc )

View attachment 1573004
Agree..

Potential buyer should be sure what's buying

That is a no-brainer for anyone selling a bike (or anything for that matter) especially on a cycling website! Always show all sides/views regardless of the condition, and save yourself the earned criticism for not being fully transparent (whether intentional or not) regarding condition. Even without the photo it would have been easy enough to say "paint loss/fade on left side of frame"; but again, this is a cycling site! You know you need to show it all! If I was still interested after reading that I would be asking for a photo anyways to determine its condition myself.
It just happened to me on a "no cracks" frame; and I blame myself! No detailed close-ups of the frame (he called it a 10ft looker), but when delivered I could see the crack at 10ft with the dirt still in it. I did not think it was a crack at first because I could not believe I would be sold a frame that was so obviously damaged that, even with a cursory inspection while holding the frame, the crack would have screamed out to be recognized among the rest of the horrible frame "workmanship" (1971 Libertas w/531db tubes & Campy d-o's; what a waste!) to proclaim itself as the death knell (sans it being rebuilt) of the frame; except as wall art!
The seller said I have good eyes to have found a problem; I'm near 60 and use glasses which I put on after the discovery because I could not believe what my unaided eyes so easily espied.

When I sell something I act as the buyer would whether with the item in hand, or by looking at photos. I run through the list of everything that I would expect to see or be informed of if I was buying: e.g. all included items are show and are properly described based on aesthetics, functionality, and/or serviceability. Disclose more, not less! Buyers will be appreciative, be more open to purchasing if interested, and will not be wasting the seller's time (or not as much) with questions that should already be answered in the written and photo description provided.
I find that potential customers that are already interested enough to look at my item(s) should not have their time wasted by having to ask me the obvious. When questions are asked even after you have reasonably provided enough info in your ad, it is usually because you have a buyer who is very very interested, is knowledgeable about what they are looking for, and is being diligent about it. In the end, if the item is sold, they are the least likely to have any buyer's remorse be it with the item itself or with you as a seller. In my brick 'n mortar business I had only 5 buyer remorse or customer service issues over a 6 year period out of tens of thousands of customers. Many ebay and CL sellers would have more issues than I did after only a few sales considering what I have seen, heard, and/or directly experienced as a buyer. That is one reason I hand deliver or require that you come and get it yourself. Hand to hand, and face to face meetings solve most issues right then and there; and a solid business relationship is built along with some great friendships.

Back