When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage tricycle indentification

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

andrewandrewz

'Lil Knee Scuffer
I purchased this tricycle at an antique auction and would like to know some more information about it such and the year, model, and value to a collector. Any help would be greatly appreciated. I do know that it is a Murray but that is all I know. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Attachments

• IMG_1229.jpg
    IMG_1229.jpg
    222.9 KB · Views: 81
  • IMG_1239.jpg
    IMG_1239.jpg
    86.3 KB · Views: 64
  • IMG_1233.jpg
    IMG_1233.jpg
    187.2 KB · Views: 59
  • IMG_1235.jpg
    IMG_1235.jpg
    213.4 KB · Views: 67
  • IMG_1240.jpg
    IMG_1240.jpg
    239.6 KB · Views: 78
Your Murray EZ Step tricycle looks to be from the 1960s. The seat is not original to it and it would have had Murray hubcaps on the rear wheels. Originally it would have a white topped Troxel seat either with or without springs. These tricycles are still quite common and therefore don't sell for a high price...usually $50 or less from what I've seen.

Many times you can find replacement Murray trike hub caps, appropriate grips, and correct Troxel seats on ebay to make it look original again.

Dave

Thank you for the information. I thought something looked funny about the seat. Do you think it would be worth trying to find a troxel seat before selling it? Thanks for your time!

If it were me, I would, unless you want to sell it as quickly as possible. It would make the trike have a more original look to it. Those particular seats used seem to go for around $10 or so when they come up for sale on ebay. But let me check tonight when I get home, I might have a Troxel white topped seat to sell in decent used condition if you'd like it. Oh, and is the seat post hole square or round? It should be round unless someone modified it to accept a square seat post.

Dave

I checked on the seat and actually the one on there now would be less obvious as being a replacement for the original. The Troxel I have has a red underframe and metal band around the bottom edge of the white vinyl top. It might stick out like a sore thumb against the teal or blue color of the tricycle. Usually Murray had the seat frame color match the trike. I guess it could always be repainted to match the rest of the trike more closely, if you wanted to go to that much work.

Dave

Back