When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vintage Westfield Bicycle. My Dad's, purchased circa 1936. Westfield brand. Wooden wheels. Does any one have any knowledge of history, model etc.

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Thanks for getting that pic. Looks like G1. Perhaps the bike isn't as old as suspected. From the date codes I'm thinking a 1940 model.

That sounds right. The s/n on the bike aligns with the 1940 series E80075 shown as 1940. Still, a pretty nice 80 year old vintage bike. I may need to get an appraisal for insurance purposes. Have you used any appraiser that you would recommend? Thanks for all you insights on this.

Hi, Martinto

Thanks @piercer_99

E80075 is an early 1940 serial number.

G1 means the frame was made in January 1940, and the bike was built up shortly after.

Some further details about numbering is here.

Best Regards,

Adrian

This is the road racer model. Columbia/ Westfield produced for many years. Most of these sport steel rims, but wood rims were optional, and correct. Came with fixed gear as shown, coaster rear hub was another (low cost) option. Lightweight steel frames were drilled for fenders, and those were also available if desired. The phillips apollo type pedals on the bike are later, and not correct for the bike. Originally had torrington $$$Star #4 quill type pedal, or similar . Looks like blue repaint covering the cool original paint job these bikes had when new. Very nice machine, and awesome family heirloom!!

Nice Bike there @martinto , Did your Dad ever Race It ? It's very Clean Looking . Was it Re-Painted ? Thanks for your Pictures..........I'm learning along with You. Also..............WELCOME to this Awesome Group of Bicycle Enthusiasts . ;)

I believe he did before he enlisted in 1941. He was on a club soccer team as well. Not much bike racing in Toledo, OH. My Dad painted it a Very light blue. When I Got it, I painted the blue you see based on the Westfield badge color, which I believe was the original color. Best match I could get. Thanks for Your observations.

Back