When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VIOLET 1966 stingray

-

red strat

Look Ma, No Hands!
Just purchased off of original owner...1966 KB schwinn stingray in violet color no fenders...any info

schwinn 1966.jpg

Love the fenderless stik-shift models.
I have a couple of fenderless 5 speeds, and a CG version of the 3 speed I bought by mistake.... Some mistakes are worth it!!
The C Green one:

Original seat is in a box in the shop - no stripe on it. This was one of the best mistakes I've made, as I thought I was buying the 5 speed fenderless one I got shortly after this one. Both of then were in very good condition... Both came from flea-bay, and this one is the proof that I need to have some coffee before trying to go through the listings in the early hours of the morning.
This is what I thought I was bidding on in my caffeine deprived state:

Last edited:
nice looking bikes... ive been in to off brand bikes lately... but if i find stingray with stick shift and in violet i'll take it....stingray joe was helping me with it telling me what wasn't original on it...so i 'm looking for peddles and the right sissy bar for a 1966 ...here's pictures of cleanup so far

july 26 20.jpg

nice looking bikes... ive been in to off brand bikes lately... but if i find stingray with stick shift and in violet i'll take it....stingray joe was helping me with it telling me what wasn't original on it...so i 'm looking for peddles and the right sissy bar for a 1966 ...here's pictures of cleanup so far

View attachment 1235708
That's coming out looking pretty BadAss!! My Sting-Ray as a kid was a purple deluxe with a Kickback - Found a close copy a few years ago. The only thing not on mine is the speedo that my sister gave me for it. Damn near killed myself trying to peg the needle. Hit 42 just before going into launch mode. 2 and a half months later, I finally looked like a normal person again (outer epidermus finally healed on my face, back, arms and legs. It was not pretty!)
'66 Deluxe:

A week later, I was back out riding again.

Back