When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Violet Schwinns

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Mike,
I can only imagine what your collection of lightweights must look like with a newer / better camera as they all look phenomenal with your old camera.

Your bikes deserve better than a Brownie.

Chris

PS, Mike, in one of your photos I noticed one of the valve stems was off an inch. 😊
58C0EFF8-95B5-4F29-A833-5FA3B9ED0BC5.jpeg

Last edited:
Mike,
I can only imagine what your collection of lightweights must look like with a newer / better camera as they all look phenomenal with your old camera.

Your bikes deserve better than a Brownie.

Chris

PS, Mike, in one of your photos I noticed one of the valve stems was off an inch. 😊
View attachment 1717731
My mom had one of these when I was a kid.. I think it was a wedding gift when my parents were married in October of 1958..High tech stuff back in the day...

I came across this thread and had to share my violet Schwinn Superior. I’m not quite sure its year as it’s in storage, but I believe it’s a ‘62. View attachment 1717461

Yes, with the full chrome fork it's a '62 model. '63 model had a painted fork with chrome "sox".
That stem looks dangerously high. You should check that there is still enough of the quill inserted into the fork steerer tube to hold it securely.
That's a failure that you don't want to have...especially at speed!
Nice, rare bike you have there.

Hi everyone, I’m pretty new to theCABE and haven’t contributed to chats before so please excuse me for not properly introducing myself. I came across this thread and had to share my violet Schwinn Superior. I’m not quite sure its year as it’s in storage, but I believe it’s a ‘62. View attachment 1717461

Yes, with the full chrome fork it's a '62 model. '63 model had a painted fork with chrome "sox".
That stem looks dangerously high. You should check that there is still enough of the quill inserted into the fork steerer tube to hold it securely.

Thanks for this info and the tip. My other Superior (in Satillo color) must be a ‘63 then as it has the fork sox.

My other Superior (in Satillo color) must be a ‘63 then as it has the fork sox.
The '63 models seem to be much more rare than even the '62s for some reason.
I've only ever seen a very few of them.
I believe that the "satillo" color you refer to is probably what Schwinn called "Terra Cotta".
Here are a '62(front) and a '63(behind) in Terra Cotta.

The '63 models seem to be much more rare than even the '62s for some reason.
I've only ever seen a very few of them.
I believe that the "satillo" color you refer to is probably what Schwinn called "Terra Cotta".
Here are a '62(front) and a '63(behind) in Terra Cotta.

View attachment 1718086
Oh you’re right. It’s Terra Cotta. I’m actually trying to sell both but the market is slow this season. I haven’t tried selling via theCabe as I’m used to local transactions. If you you or anyone you know may be interested, pls let me know. Thanks again for sharing your knowledge of this model.

Enough about this, it is the same as guns. People kill ,not guns. These are kind bikes not one of them could be considered violent. It is the owners who are violent! Oh wait you're saying "Violet" oops my bad. Back to the conversation hahahhaha
That’s what I think EVERY time I glance at this thread . . Violent Schwinns ! Great band name. What’s next ? Evasive Elgins.
Raunchy Roadmasters. Submissive Colsons. Ultra Maga Monarks. Your entries welcome . .

Back