When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

VISTA Islena...say what?...

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
-----

Looks like you got all of your questions answered over "at the other place." :D

Looking forward to enjoying all of the post-lavandation imagini.

------

I have this bike! Same color, I got it new in ‘82, yours has the original seat and bar tape! I haven’t found anything online about these, $40 is a steal. I rode this daily for two years in the eighties, it’s light, solid, and fast. Fully lugged frame, I loved the brakes and shifters when I was riding this. I think it was $400 then, in Conn. SO cool to see this,
14C17347-ECFF-4F45-AC30-D77D8275B343.jpeg

136C56C9-F9AE-41BE-A482-C04EF4ABCCB3.jpeg

BD40814B-8CE7-4823-B637-978DA334FCD7.jpeg

@Scott1963 Bike was sold after I detailed it. Didn't last long, but it was to small a frame for me to keep. Yours looks Beautiful!

Although I haven't checked nore the means to do so. As Japan probably made the 1970's 'Vista 'Schwinn knock offs and was where Schwinn's lugged lightweights came from in 70'-80's. And Accordingly, Japan quit Schwinn or upped the Annie, once they'd acquired the rights from Schwinn. Give odds that these later Vista's are the same as Schwinn's super LeTour, potentially, as for the lug striping ( Upscale) possibly Voyagers too. Schwinn's higher end but, below the Paramount type.

Ha! That’s pretty cool, of the twelve plus complete bikes I have, this is the one I will have until the end.

2 1/2 years later, and I stumble across a deal on a Vista Silver Shadow with a Shimano 600 (Ultegra) group. A very nicely made bike with exceptionally nice forged ends. They seem to have been made by Araya, and you will note the serial number starts with "ARY". I had once passed up another Vista (Silver Shadow) because I associated them with their knockoff Schwinn Varsity. I am kicking myself now!

Back