When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vista Stingray model

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

coasterbrakejunkie1969

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I know little about Vista bikes other then they made bikes very similar to Schwinn and maybe others. I would be interested in seeing some examples of their bikes especially the Stingray style. I do not see many of them. Hoping to learn a bit about them. Thanks

Reactions: JLF
For years I’ve been searching for a Vista Lil Giant.. stingray styled, my dad had one when he was little. No pictures online of it either… almost had my hands on one earlier this year but was too late to buy…would love to see pictures of one if someone has one or wants to sell one!

9DAD9A8B-8BDA-4994-8EE3-1CCA6424817E.jpeg

Only complete one I’ve seen

VISTA was sold through Independent bicycles shops.
Vista was a private label brand designed by and produced for a group (association) of distributors. The name of the group was the National Independent Distributor Associates, Inc (NIDA). The majority of the member distributors were ex-Schwinn distributors and they were planning to use Vista as the substitute for the loss of Schwinn sales. Bill Stedman of Northwest Bicycle & Supply took the lead position for the association. Other members included; Clayton Willard Sales-FL, Farber Cycle-MI, Hans Johnsen-TX, Proudfit Sporting Goods-UT & Service Cycle-NY. At the inception, the bikes were produced by Columbia (Westfield Mfg Co).
Some shops surely sold Vistas as their other brand, separate from the Schwinns. They were American made, with a lot of Columbia design features to the frames. They used parts from all the same suppliers as Schwinn or Columbia would have: (Wald, Shimano, Sturmey, Huret, Persons, Araya, Union, and most likely Goodyear for the tires.)

avv.jpg

Last edited:
VISTA was sold through Independent bicycles shops.
Vista was a private label brand designed by and produced for a group (association) of distributors. The name of the group was the National Independent Distributor Associates, Inc (NIDA). The majority of the member distributors were ex-Schwinn distributors and they were planning to use Vista as the substitute for the loss of Schwinn sales. Bill Stedman of Northwest Bicycle & Supply took the lead position for the association. Other members included; Clayton Willard Sales-FL, Farber Cycle-MI, Hans Johnsen-TX, Proudfit Sporting Goods-UT & Service Cycle-NY. At the inception, the bikes were produced by Columbia (Westfield Mfg Co).
Some shops surely sold Vistas as their other brand, separate from the Schwinns. They were American made, with a lot of Columbia design features to the frames. They used parts from all the same suppliers as Schwinn or Columbia would have: (Wald, Shimano, Sturmey, Huret, Persons, Araya, Union, and most likely Goodyear for the tires.)

View attachment 1474901
Thank you for that

Back