When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Vive la France!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

AndyA

Wore out three sets of tires already!
A friend bought this for me at a garage sale for $5 (4 Euros). Baby blue* Gitane mixte 10-speed.

*bleu or bleue? I don't know if a mixte is masculine of feminine. I think the idea was that it is both.

-----

Grand Sport De Luxe is the model name.

final year for this transfer set was 1973; cycle somewhat earlier

wheel rims appear to be SAMIR SAMINOX and may bear a two digit date mark. estimate cycle's birth annum to be near to nineteen and sixty-nine.

hubs appear to be New Star from Etablissements Perrin.

pedals look to be Eclair.

frame constructed with BOCAMA lugs, crown and laterals bridge. chainstay bridge is ESGE plate style.

chainset appears Solida; bottom bracket fittings REWAX MD from Bardon.

seat binder ALGI.

"Gitane" is the cycle's nominal brand name; actual manufacturer is an entity termed MICMO - there is no "Gitane Bicycle Co." per se

importer may have been Mel Pinto Imports (MPI) of Falls Church Virgina

---

Edit:

forgot to mention that there is an online forum specifically for Gitane cycles in case you have not already discovered it -

firm has produced cycles under additional names as well; such as Helyett, Roger Riviere, Raphael Geminiani & others

-----

Last edited:
Back