When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Voyageur 2

-

Tim s

Wore out three sets of tires already!
I stopped in the local bike co-op and ended up coming home with this Voyageur 2. A few of the chrome pieces will need to be replaced due to rust along with the front spokes and freewheel. The top tube has a lot of chips and will need to be touched up or repainted. The Voyageur 2 s are all chrome underneath the paint just like the World Voyageurs were. This is my first Voyageur 2 and I only paid $30. Tim

F0E0F78D-B91E-4426-97E0-F97C605A595E.jpeg

Last edited:
Maybe post a pic of the right side so the drivetrain equipment can be eyeballed.

Here is a CABE thread that you may find useful with catalog pic and specs from 1974. Classic Japanese cro-mo frameset...should ride like a dreamboat.

It was a good purchase...if for nothing else then the shifters alone... :cool:

1575072225162.png

Last edited:
-----

G'Day Tim,

Thank you for posting and congratulations on an excellent find. ;)

Do you plan to retain or to resell?

Am thinking this would be a Matsu^%$ta product; be that correct?

The Gran Compe stem makes me suspect Arnie & Co. would have specified an .833 steerer.

-----

Juvela, I plan on keeping the bike, it is the only Voyageur 2 that I have in my collection. You mentioned Matsuta and Arnie n company that I am unfamiliar with? Tim

Here are the pieces that need polished/replaced. I am pretty sure the crank set is not correct for the bike. Tim

2CB93B5E-0ACD-4ACB-8974-E112EDB2E849.jpeg

950A2408-521A-40DF-A9F2-CE9DAF7143EC.jpeg

Ride the crank till you find the right one, 1st gen Dura Ace with chain guard is not going to be easy or cheap to find unless you get real lucky. Not even sure anyone other than Schwinn spec'd that crank (with the guard). First gen "naked" DA shows up pretty regularly on the bay. First gen DA bits and pieces including the cable stops/guides and FD (EA-100 I think) also show up in much better condition than yours and that might be an option. Todd

Found One!

Last edited:
Back