When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Voyageur 2

-
Tim

We seem to gravitate towards all the same bikes!!

Bob

1974__ins1.jpg

003 (Medium).JPG

001 (Medium).JPG

Last edited:
Tim, put a link on post #10, theres one on the bay right now for $60 starting bid, there's also a black one but it starts at $145

Thanks Hop, I’ll look into it even though I don’t have an eBay account. The bike is currently at the lbs getting new spokes on the front wheel. Tim

Juvela, I plan on keeping the bike, it is the only Voyageur 2 that I have in my collection. You mentioned Matsuta and Arnie n company that I am unfamiliar with? Tim

-----

Hello Tim,

Good to see you moving forward with the project.

No Matsuta.

I wrote Matsus*^%ta because the censor does not permit posting the full name.

Matsus*^%ta is the parent company of Panasonic; nominal manufacturer of the bicycle.

"Arnie & Co." refers to Arnold Schwinn.

-----

I wonder why Schwinn called the 75 Voyaguer II color Silver were all the other Schwinn models were Silver Mist, and then Metallic Silver in that catalog page Bob posted. Sierra Mist is a drink I think. ;)
Gary Wald has the paint that's suppose to matched the Grey Ghost and then has it marked as silver undercoat. I believe the GG was Silver Mist.

Here's one of his listings. http://rover.ebay.com/rover/1/711-5...0001&campid=5335809022&icep_item=362038600713

Just a note: The original early 60's base coat "aluminum" was not a metallic undercoat. When they started with the names using the word Flek is probably when the silver metallic undercoat was used.

1575956392927.png

I would think it would be pretty easy to match a silver metallic with some of Dupli-Colors perfect match paint. Nissan Silver Mist? or Toyota, Kia.

Thanks for the information guys. This will be my first venture into painting entire tubes and not just doing touch ups. Tim

I have made some progress cleaning bike and installing new tires. I still have to clean up the small pieces and paint the top tube. Merry Christmas everyone! Tim

7B401191-AB1C-4D07-B738-82D3D6E9BA41.jpeg

-----

thanks very much for the update and Happy Holidays!

be the steerer on these .833 or be it 22.2?

-----

Back