When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Voyageur Ii

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Do you think this bike came from the factory with bar end shifters?

Yes, the Voyageur II came standard with barcon shifters, no other option was available from the factory:

1974__ins1.jpg

1974__ins2.jpg

...At some point I'd like to return it back to stock. To me it looks like only the shifters and rear derailleur have been replaced.

From what I can see it is missing the original saddle, seatpost, front and rear derailleurs, freewheel, shifters, skewer levers, pedals and toe clips/straps. If you want more info on any of these components I've done a lot of research on these bikes and I'd be happy to help.

That's some good information fellas. There's no way at this point to tell how this particular bike left the factory. Since it was a retirement gift to the original owner and he hand selected all the components, from what I was told. Not being a road bike guy, the shifters on the bottom tube bother me. How do they compare to bar end shifters?

That's some good information fellas. There's no way at this point to tell how this particular bike left the factory. Since it was a retirement gift to the original owner and he hand selected all the components, from what I was told. Not being a road bike guy, the shifters on the bottom tube bother me. How do they compare to bar end shifters?
I have bar ends on my rider Superior, would never go back to downtube shifters. I buy up sets of them when I see them for a decent price. Invaluable on a period bike you ride frequently.
a53037fd036a35592b4c54179af47403.jpg

I have bar ends on my rider Superior, would never go back to downtube shifters. I buy up sets of them when I see them for a decent price. Invaluable on a period bike you ride frequently.
Thanks! Out of my 12 or so bikes, this is the only one with gears outside of a Bendix 2 speed... I'm not one for gears, but living out in the country this was a necessity.

Classing up the joint.

B562A0E9-7090-4C5F-B327-866452BCAFD5_zpsq2eg2cln.jpg

Raining outside right now so this is the best I can do.... Bar tape will be here tomorrow!

I didn't think I would like white tires but, ...it's growing on me.
I wanted it to stand out a little more, I love road bikes when they really pop. I love seeing color coordinated tires on them, yellow tires on a yellow bike and such. I couldn't find an all gray tire so I figured I'd bring out the little white tape separating the paint and the chrome. Tires are the one place I take liberty to express myself. To me, the tire choice makes or breaks a build. Black tires would look ok, but black tires are everywhere. The gumwalls just didn't look right on this particular bike to me.

6EEFE5E6-5292-4A05-990F-D46D67512846_zpsn3sp2ih4.jpg

Bar tape on! Love it!

Back