When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

W/F "Golden Flyer" tank mounting?

-

jd56

Riding a '38 Autocycle Deluxe
I recently picked up a nice condition Western Flyer Delta dual tanklight. Not having any correct W/F frames for this to mount to yet, I need someone to take a few pictures of their Golden and a Murray badged Strato Flite that is equipped with this tank.
The pics I need are of the frame without the tank but, showing the factory mounting tab on the head tube and if there is a rear frame mounted tab.
Because this tank is not a "forward thrust" style, meaning the headlight bezel protrudes past the head tube, the tank only rests on the backside of the head tube.
I have plenty pics of the bike with the tank mounted. Just not the frame.
Cadillacbike, I know you have or had one...can you help me out.

Here is what the tank looks like mounted on the Strato Flite.
qu7e5yqe-1.jpg

And here is the tank I just picked up. Thanks Chris, you have made a middleweight guy very happy.
hu8apy9a-1.jpg

Now here is a western flyer frame with possibly the correct tab welded to the backside of the headtube. But, this was designed for a "forward thrust" tanklight and bezel.

attachment.php

Here is the frame married with the correct style tanklight, a late 60s Sabre Flyer...this too is a rare tank.

attachment.php

Thanks in advance

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

Last edited:
Kevin ....can you post a picture of the headtube showing the welded on tab. There are a couple variations of the bracket or butterfly tab?
Thanks

1959 golden flyer tank

Kevin,

I saw the pic of your 1959 western flyer golden flyer tank with dual head lights. Are you willing to sell it? Thanks

I for some reason forgot about this request of the innerds of a golden flyer tank mounting.
Thanks Kevin.
I do not have this u shaped channel brace on my tank.
First time I have seen this brace. Was this added, you think?
I expected to see that frame bracket though.

383170557d9191cf2e7e1e919792dd91-1.jpg

2b651c7e1e6a432acb0fecdd2ff27b91-1.jpg

It's all about the Tanklights!!

How did I run out of room so fast?

Tank

JD gave me a heads up that someone might be looking for a tank........

The battery tray has some surface rust but it is solid and will clean up with a wire brush or light glass beading, I have not cleaned it or tested it, chrome is in really good shape, one of the lenses is cracked, $135 shipped.

Todd

Attachments

• IMG_0342.jpg
    IMG_0342.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 144
  • IMG_0098.jpg
    IMG_0098.jpg
    147.8 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0097.jpg
    IMG_0097.jpg
    144.6 KB · Views: 123
  • IMG_0338.jpg
    IMG_0338.jpg
    92.5 KB · Views: 125
  • IMG_0337.jpg
    IMG_0337.jpg
    89.8 KB · Views: 126
  • IMG_0340.jpg
    IMG_0340.jpg
    109.8 KB · Views: 124
Last edited:
1959 golden flyer tank

here is my tank with the missing parts. do you know if the blinders on the lights will fit the golden flyer?
image_1.jpeg
image_3.jpeg

Back