When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wagons, tricycles, and bicycles auction June 10

-

Drews

On Training Wheels
I'm new to the site, but thought I would get the word out there to the collectors. We are having an auction of my grandfather's stuff June 10 in Clarks, NE. Starting at 9:30 a.m. He loved collecting and fixing old wagons. There will be 150-200 radio flyer, coast king, Hiawatha, and couple other brands that I can't think of right now, but mainly radio flyer wagons. There is also 30-40 old tricycles and bicycles and a pedal tractor and a pedal bicycle/tricycle thing up for auction. I will post some pictures tomorrow of all the items.

0609180901.jpg
0609181101.jpg
0609181101a.jpg
0609181101b.jpg
0609181101c.jpg

@Freqman1 it went pretty good. They sold the wagons by choice. We were hoping they would sell the better ones first, then sell by choice. But they were averaging $35-$40 bucks a piece. Couldn't tell you the price the tricycles and bikes went for.

@Freqman1 it went pretty good. They sold the wagons by choice. We were hoping they would sell the better ones first, then sell by choice. But they were averaging $35-$40 bucks a piece. Couldn't tell you the price the tricycles and bikes went for.
Thanks for the update. It appears most of the stuff was relatively modern--60s and up. The prewar, deco stuff is what brings the real money. V/r Shawn

Pretty cool auction. I think that being there were so many of the same wagons basically it makes it tough to bring better money. Glad it went well to you and your happy with it.

@Freqman1 @stoney we were lucky enough to find my grandpas wagon from when he was little. The date was 1943. But it was cool seeing a wooden one with duals on the back and even just the different types of wheels on them. Do you guys know anything about the Radio Astronaut wagon?

@Freqman1 @stoney we were lucky enough to find my grandpas wagon from when he was little. The date was 1943. But it was cool seeing a wooden one with duals on the back and even just the different types of wheels on them. Do you guys know anything about the Radio Astronaut wagon?
Do you have a picture? Many of these were built under a few different names. V/r Shawn

Back