When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wal Mart now selling Schwinn Red Phantoms

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

phantom

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
$498 + Free Shipping

Ride Vintage!
I agree if you can find them and afford them. Seems I'm always reading how vintage bikes such as Phantoms are "out there," but I don't seem to see them. What am I missing? Where is everyone seeing these 50's heavyweights for $500 - $1200? Not trying to be critical, but sometimes I think it is disingenuous to tell someone a new or non-Chicago Schwinn is a piece of junk and they should buy vintage when there may be no vintage to be found at a reasonable price. Clearly there is demand for these newer bikes, or they wouldn't make them. The Stingrays and Krates they have been making the last few years sell out fairly quickly.

There's plenty of Phantoms and other nice ballooners out there for very reasonable prices. One has to make contacts in this hobby to find them. The best place for that is at the big swaps. You meet people face to face. Everybody knows everybody else. Between the swaps and the CABE, word gets out who's into what and the old bikes come out of the woodwork to you. There's always deals, because guys are chasing their latest "dream" bike and they'll sacrifice part of their collection to get it. Or, they're older and getting out of the hobby, like myself, and decide to sell off their collection, like I did. As far as this stuff that's coming out of Communist China today, it's pure junk, made for the Wallmart crowd, not for us on the CABE. I wouldn't give the sweat off my ass for it. When the big swaps finally start up, after this covid crap, that's the pl;ace to go to buy vintage. Sellers that drag a truck-load of heavy ballooners half-way across the states are usually motivated. With the number of unemployed in this country, I think we'll start seeing some real bargains by this fall. As far as the price being too high, if your vintage bike has got to perfect, of course it's going to go at a premium. It's always that way.. . unless you steal it.

This is not Walmart's bike, Walmart is just the chosen retail seller of this product by Schwinn because they are one of the largest retailers in the USA! It is just a bike made by the current Schwinn company to commemorate their 125th anniversary. Like it or not, these are the new Schwinn's of today's world, and nothing more! The new Schwinn Company is just riding the coattails of the former glory of the original iconic Schwinn Company! Now, it is all about marketing, and it has nothing to do with the "Quality" of the former Schwinn bikes. The glory days of American Built products are long behind us! And the fact that Walmart is selling them, has nothing to do with the quality of the bike!

It's a nice group of parts. Perhaps some will be used well and will be available with a bit of rust on the market for $200 in 10 years. I can see a lot of potential for a fun custom at that point.

Back