When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

"Wald 920" seatpost --never seen one before

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

all riders

Finally riding a big boys bike
SO, I began removing the seat and post from a 1958 Columbia and it just kept coming, and coming, and...... It's 19 inches long.

DSCN0175.JPG

DSCN0176.JPG

I had one like that, in a 1938 Schwinn Motorbike.
It was all the way down inside the frame, so I couldn’t believe it, when I finally got it out.
I felt very fortunate that I was able to get that bad boy out of there.

O.D. is 21mm. I too was worried about getting it out--ended up beating on the underside of the seat with a rubber mallet so that I didn't mark the post with the zigzag lines.

Those are always fun to find! Had a lucky 7 post like that. Didn't think I would ever get to the end! It was so long it bound up the crank....

Hi like the fellows cabers said, they usually use in the muscle bikes for adjust the height of the banana seats! The good news you remove complete! Now you can trade for 3 regular tubes!

I thought I had a pic of it somewhere. This was as far as I could get it out lifting from the top. Was still a good 4" to go. Had to push from the bottom of the seat to get it all the way out!! :p :p :p

Back