When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walmart asked not to sell bikes

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Sven

Cruisin' on my Bluebird
Screenshot_20220113-182347_Chrome.jpg

I GUESS THIS IS THE CORRECT PLACE FOR THIS THREAD.. IF NOT MODERATORS PLEASE REASSIGN.

I say let them sell bikes.This is still a free country.If consumer doesnt like the quality they will go to higher end stores.Not everybody who wants to take a leisure ride can afford Trek,Specialized,etc.New riders need to be able to afford the bike to see if they like it or not.Wallmart bikes fit that slot. Mc Donalds sells the worse hambergers of any fast food but we dont stop them from selling burgers.

I say let them sell bikes. This is still a free country.
The article suggests that the problem is capitalism, (ugh). I might be open to increasing tariffs (with both winners/losers), but then I wonder why prices go up, or what take-off parts or accessories that I used to buy online are now shipped from like Germany.

I don’t believe that confiscating bicycles to redistribute to each according to his needs would be an improvement.

Last edited:
I read the article and the writer really showed his hand (and his ignorance) in this quote in the final line:

“It’s hard to say exactly what the change that we want to happen is,” Bisker said. “The problem here is capitalism, it’s not the bikes.”

So after all of the bellyaching about cheap big box bikes (btw, you can substitute any number of non-repairable consumer products in place of bicycles and it reads the same), the solution is to change the form of government? No thanks.

Back