When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Walmart Stingrays are back.. $125 free ship

-
Received mine yesterday and have to say, I am impressed.

Is it a "real" Sting Ray? Of course not! But for the price, it is a great rider and also a neat way to get kids and others interested. The quality to me is better than expected, and it is really a decent rider. Paint is way better than I expected and it does have a real RBL Slick on the back.

We have over 100 prime 60's and 70's Muscle Bikes in our collection, and this is perfect for when my buddies want to ride one of my real collectors bikes. Also great for the Grandkids, although as many of you know, Emily, my 11 y/o Granddaugter, always rides her Real 60's and 70's bikes!

Obviously not for everyone and that's fine, but in my eyes, a cool bike to have fun with.

Bashton

Received mine yesterday and have to say, I am impressed.

Is it a "real" Sting Ray? Of course not! But for the price, it is a great rider and also a neat way to get kids and others interested. The quality to me is better than expected, and it is really a decent rider. Paint is way better than I expected and it does have a real RBL Slick on the back.

We have over 100 prime 60's and 70's Muscle Bikes in our collection, and this is perfect for when my buddies want to ride one of my real collectors bikes. Also great for the Grandkids, although as many of you know, Emily, my 11 y/o Granddaugter, always rides her Real 60's and 70's bikes!

Obviously not for everyone and that's fine, but in my eyes, a cool bike to have fun with.

Bashton
Nice.
What colt did you get and can you post pictures?

Schwinn has the more expensive one that can purchased from their site. Red or Blue. I'm still confused as to why the big difference in the retail prices though.

Last edited:
I ordered one of these on a whim. Seemed like alot of fun for the price. I know next to nothing about stingrays though. Here are some pics for those that are interested. Let me know if you have any questions or pic requests.

The only question I have is: did you check the preassembled bearings for grease? For a $125 bike they typically only put a dab at the factory, ensuring a short life for the bearings. They usually don't adjust anything either. Just slap it together as quickly as possible.

You're 100% correct on that. The bearings are all super tight and dry. You can feel the bearings in the headset as you turn the bars lol. The adjustments are pretty far off too. Ive never bought a 125 dollar new bike before and it's about what I expected. It will probably get sold in the end. I dont feel that a 185+ pound adult could ride it safely. It would be great for kiddos though.

Last edited:
$125 shipped? Sounds and looks like a good deal to me for a starter bike, if you have to do is pack the hell out of the bearings and make some minor adjustments. I don't think todays steel would stand up to much punishment though. Still, at $125 shipped....

Back