When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

walnut wood block pedals

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

tailhole

I live for the CABE
I made these walnut block pedals last night for a rat build. Not too hard to do...

IMAG0761-1.jpg

testing the bolt holes
IMAG07751-1.jpg

Beveled on tablesaw, oiled with black grease
IMAG07741-1.jpg

These were pricey but crappy Torrington 10 repops, I upgraded the bolts.
IMAG0771-1.jpg

Finished.

Very cool! Didn't Torrington do 8's with wood blocks at one point? Of course they weren't Walnut and they didn't look this nice!

I may try this on some crappy unmatched 8's that I have, but I'm going to route grooves down the length as well!

I believe they did. Please post some picks. I thought of doing the grooves, maybe on the next pair. I have some more cages, might dry ammonia fumed 1/4 sawn white oak on the next set. Keep your fingers!

I believe they did. Please post some picks. I thought of doing the grooves, maybe on the next pair. I have some more cages, might dry ammonia fumed 1/4 sawn white oak on the next set. Keep your fingers!

I really like what you did with these, and I'd really like to see you do some with grooves too (they're beggin' for it)!

Last edited:
I have WWII wartime wooden pedal blocks.
They were produced in wood when all rubber manufacturing was for military.

Reactions: Miq
Groovy baby!

Do not ride with a wet foot! maybe cross pattern to set them apart from the Torringtons..

Back