When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Want help identifying old barn bike

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
''Captain .. We Must Engage the Magnification Beam !! ''

Screenshot_20190112-170412_Photos  03.jpg

Screenshot_20190112-170412_Photos  04.jpg

Last edited:
Hey folks, just for a little background FYI -
I bought this bike, it was a pretty cool 15 minutes before the seller refunded my money and resold the bike for someone willing to pay more.

I am not too salty about it, sellers prerogative to get the most he can, but it was a bummer.
My first message to the seller was basically "Awesome Streamliner, you're going to get a lot of offers but I have 2k for you right now" and he took it.
From what he said, someone else offered 5k which seems like all the beans to me but hey, congratulations to the Californian that got the bike (again, info from the seller)

that's why I seldom reply to that killer bike on the cabe from a newbie. you can't blame a seller for trying to get fair or top money out of a special bike....but receiving money then returning money for a better offer is just plain wrong. Shawn complains about these so called sellers who are trolling for offers, and takes some heat for it. I agree with him. put a price on it, if you have no idea, and don't want to do your homework put it on ebay. not often will I make an offer on something. it sounds like if this seller would have listed the bike with a price, it wouldn't have mattered

that's why I seldom reply to that killer bike on the cabe from a newbie. you can't blame a seller for trying to get fair or top money out of a special bike....but receiving money then returning money for a better offer is just plain wrong. Shawn complains about these so called sellers who are trolling for offers, and takes some heat for it. I agree with him. put a price on it, if you have no idea, and don't want to do your homework put it on ebay. not often will I make an offer on something. it sounds like if this seller would have listed the bike with a price, it wouldn't have mattered

There is def. some evidence here to support the rules.
That said, I buy crap from people on facebook and at scrap yards and cold-calling, very often I have to make an offer to someone that doesn't know and I try to shoot straight and make reasonable offers. I have told someone what an item is and made an offer only to have them walk and sell it using that insight, but I have also made good buys with the same method.

Honestly I'm trying to branch out a bit and learn about deluxe ballooners from deluxe ballooners but I'll keep buying and as long as I use paypal, at least in worst cases like this I end up with all my money back in pocket.

Bummer, that’s always the risk of a low-ball offer. Mine wasn’t much more than yours tbh.

I’m not sure how the rules actually affect anything. OBO means just that - it doesn’t have to be a lower offer. Offers via OBO are OK here as long as a price is listed, so why not wait around and solicit higher offers? Some may understandably find that distasteful but that’s the way a lot of deals for desirable items work in the real world. Or just post up your craigslist ad soliciting offers and promote it here - that’s not a violation of the rules but accomplishes the same thing.

Oh, I was not the guy who got it either.....

Last edited:
2k may have been lower than some offers but I guarantee it wasn’t the lowest and in my estimation not low enough to be “low ball”. There’s a negative connotation there I won’t shoulder.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

40% of the actual sale price is low ball to me. How about the negative connotation of telling others to “back off” from making offers because they think they have a deal already at that price? I got that too....

Last edited:
Back