When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Want to convert 1965 Sears Spaceliner to 7 speed!

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Kboat

On Training Wheels
Hello! I'm new to the forum... I have a 1965 chrome Sears Spaceliner that I'm interested in converting to a custom MTB style bike... My question is, will an axle mounted rear derailleur work on this frame with a 7 speed hub? I think this custom will turn out waaaay cool!

Hello! I'm new to the forum... I have a 1965 chrome Sears Spaceliner that I'm interested in converting to a custom MTB style bike... My question is, will an axle mounted rear derailleur work on this frame with a 7 speed hub? I think this custom will turn out waaaay cool!

Should work, you'll need to spread and align the frame and dropouts. What will you do for a rear brake?

I met a guy who's an awesome frame builder, his welding is impeccable... I wanna have him weld on sum brake bosses for me in the rear, then have the frame re-chromed. I have a rigid fork with bosses for the front.

spaceliner 7 speed

Frame will need to be spread to 5" If you can do that the rest is easy. Buy a Nexus 7 speed internal brake with coaster brake
100_2819.jpg

Back