When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted— Schwinn Typhoon 26 inch

-

ouwinner

On Training Wheels
Want to find a 26 inch Schwinn Typhoon project to refurbish. Thought it would be cool to ride with my wife on her Schwinn Hollywood from late 70’s. We cycle a lot and work on our own bikes. I am just not a painter/restorer. So hoping the paint would be decent with normal “battle scars”. Any leads or websites to recommend? My local Craig list is a bust and not much on eBay right now.

I have some middle weight framesets and may have some s7 or s2 wheel sets. Also have cranks, sprockets, stems, bars, etc. if you wanna build one up. They aren’t perfect, but easy to build. I may have a blue American left that I didn’t sell I can look at my shop on Tuesday- Gary

Gary,
Thank you I would be interested if you have a blue American frame. I like their classic looks with chrome fenders. And any various bits etc I would be interested in as well.

i have a complete schwinn blue tiger 26'' really decent new tires and tubes, clean chrome, bearings have new grease if interested

Where, in general, are you located? Are you looking to build to suit, or are you seeking an intact bike?

I am located in Bentonville, Arkansas. The northwest corner of the state. I would like to build a bike. I really had a great time bringing back to life a Hollywood for my wife. Had fun researching with GreenePhantom’s book. Also scored volume one of the Schwinn service manual from 1972. They really helped to go thru her bike. It had not been ridden since 1982. So I wanted to get the mens version and do the same. It would be cool to have a frame from the year I was born 1967. But not a must. my wife’s bike is blue. But again I also liked the green and red as well. So a decent frame that I can leave in its original patina and I can chase any parts that are not in the deal. I will try to include a picture of the Hollywood.

Back