When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted - 1949 Shelby Donald Duck 20" Girls rear fendeer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

indycycling

Wore out three sets of tires already!
Wanted/ISO

I am in need of a good original girls 20" Donald Duck rear fender. The girls version is predominately blue with yellow trim, opposite of the boys bike.

I just purchased a very nice original bike from the owner of 35 years. He did a great job packing this in a brand new bike box, but wouldn't you know it, Fed Ex had to stick a fork from the lift truck through the side of the box, crushing the left rear end of the fender. It can likely be rolled back out, but it suffered a lot of paint loss and would need to be repainted. The entire bike appears to be original, except the tires, so it would be a shame to paint the fender but I may have no choice.

Also need a pair of correct grips, mine are missing, and if you have a nice tan Troxel original seat would also be interested, but I'll look into having mine recovered - any leads?

Looking forward to tearing this one down, cleaning and polishing, while preserving it as original as possible.
Please let me know what you have, thanks in advance!

Last edited:
Pics attached

2910A06D-6116-4482-AE6D-DEACE56D5EFA.jpeg

ADC1B8F2-2EBA-4202-96E3-BF220F6B5F05.jpeg

4C326E07-6DD4-410A-9D6C-82439505BEBB.jpeg

That's a real shame the bike was damaged. I guess it could have been more damaged if the fork was shoved in just a little more to the front, damaging the tire/rim/spokes/fender braces along with the fender.

Dave

Last edited:
That's a real shame the bike was damaged. I guess it could have been more damaged if the fork was shoved in just a little more to the front, damaging the tire/rim/spokes/fender braces along with the fender.

Dave
Yes, could have been much worse for sure, but of all the bikes I've purchased, why this one!? Couldn't have been a rough Stingray or something.....

Last year Fed Ex skewered a box with one fork all the way through and out the other side - they took off considerable top tube paint on perfectly restored '66 Stingray Deluxe which lead to filing a claim and huge PIA for me as seller as buyer clearly wasn't a happy camper.

Man...you'd think common sense would tell them there's something of value inside the box and shoving a fork in there blindly is more than likely going to damage the item. That's the way it is....the one you'd really want to be shipped without damage is the one that gets damaged. Yeeesh!

Man...you'd think common sense would tell them there's something of value inside the box and shoving a fork in there blindly is more than likely going to damage the item. Yeeesh!
everyone who drives a forklift eventually stabs something with the blades accidentally. the stupid among us do it often. I don't think they were picking it up that way.

I used Rust-olium Safety Yellow to touch up some paint damage on my Donald Duck bike, about a perfect match, FYI
thanks, good idea, I have a can of machine and implement yellow that is very close as well. Problem here is the underlying rust on the fender and amount of paint loss, I think it just looks better left as-is since I was able to straighten the fender out again. If I did anything at this point, I'd repaint the entire rear fender and the rack as well.

Yesterday, I attempted to install some new water slide decals on the tank side. They were from Memory Lane and seller bought them years ago. In warm water for 30 seconds and it started falling apart. Luckily I was able to salvage a good portion of it and installed, Donald is gone though, but it kinda looks original and about as same as the other side - oh well, could have been worse

Back