When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted: 1960-61 Schwinn Continental 10 speed bicycle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Unfortunately to return it to original condition it is missing the simplex derailleur and ideale 43 saddle. Those pieces could add a lot of additional cost to this. The simplex juy derailleur is not cheap, unless you have one on hand.

Just checking to see if you had a chance to look at what you have and send a picture.

-----

Just now got back in to wherest me velo materials abideth.

Will have a look-see and post within the next day or so.

Do not have digital camera, so if you wish to pursue will see if can get friend to make some peechas. ;)

Thanks for the reminder, had not forgotten.

-----

Unfortunately to return it to original condition it is missing the simplex derailleur and ideale 43 saddle. Those pieces could add a lot of additional cost to this. The simplex juy derailleur is not cheap, unless you have one on hand.

Thanks for your reply, and posting the bike.

Yes, unfortunately it would be expensive and difficult to find all the parts. I'm far from the world's expert on this bike, but based on a comparison with all-original bikes, the correct pedals are gone and the gooseneck is wrong. The headbadge paint is all gone, the rear brake cable and stops are gone, and the rims look incorrect (not knurled). The hubs are French Normandy, but I wonder if the freewheel cluster has been changed out, and I have never seen the correct cluster for sale. The paint is a bit rough.

It's a good start for someone who just wants a non-original rider, or a long-term project for someone with money and years to search for parts, especially if the price comes down considerably.

If you see any others, please let me know.

Regards,

Warren

-----

report on the example here -

size: 23" nominal (Schwinn measures C-T-T) ~21 1/2" C-T-
C.

frame

fork

headplate

headset

bottom bracket cups

drive chain

Juy Tour de France gear ensemble complete (rear mech, front mech, shift lever, shift cable, cable casing)

paint and transfers in excellent condition

15f68o4.jpg

-----

Back