When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted 26" steering tube for springer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

silentda213gangster

Look Ma, No Hands!
I need a 26" casted steering tube as shown in pic. Thank you

P1190699.JPG

Did Schwinn continue to make the 26" springer fork after 1965 but with the smaller diameter cast steering tube not the ugly welded version found on the 80s Cruisers
🤷‍♂️ for 26" "only" original Schwinn steering tubes. I only know of 2 styles. The one that bolts thru the forks & the one that bolts behind the forks that has the welded-on tabs for the thru bolt.
26" 60's style bolt thru the forks. As far as I know the inner diameter is the same on all 26" models. Someone please correct me if I'm wrong.

I'm not seeing the 26" springer in 66 or 67 catalogs. Maybe it did stop in 65. Good question though.
If thats the case than the inside is for the larger dia. goosenecks. Which shouldn't be a problem at all as you can get large neck style that look just like the small neck later style pretty easy. 👍

This is the 26" springer from the 1980s notice the steerer tube looks like the china copies. In second pic though u can see knurling and an s stamped on steerer tube. So far i have ran into the large diameter krate style steerer tube and the 1980s steerer tube. I have not found a small diameter krate style steering tube. The weird thing is I have one for a small diameter stem that is casted (looks just like krate steering tube just longer)

Screenshot_20221216-130911_OfferUp.jpg

Screenshot_20221216-130859_OfferUp.jpg

Back