When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted - $500 for Juvenile Saddle

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
Holy Cow! I haven't gotten any notifications that there were replies to this thread and thought no one had replied (I'm still a newbie here and thought I would get an email if anyone replied). I came here this morning to bump it up, and now I see that I have MANY great replies. So, give me a little time to really analyze each one. THANK YOU very much to each of you.

I guess the next thing I will have to do is put out a nice WTB offer for the tires and diamond chain that I need (and tool pouch). I am VERY serious about finding these parts. I'm going to to restore ONE bicycle in my lifetime, so I want it to be as good (quality of restoration) and accurate as I can possibly get it. Time is not a factor (well, that depends on how old @ivrjhnsn is, since he will be restoring it :)), and I am very patient. I believe in my heart that the stuff I need is out there somewhere - just have to give people a good incentive to help me find it. Some guys buy fancy wheels for their truck. Some guys buy season tickets to their favorite football team. Some guys like to eat-out all the time. All guys have things they spend their money on. For me, it's this little bicycle. I don't know why, and I don't have to know why. I just know that something inside drives me to want to restore it. I feel like there is a reason I found it, and I can imagine little kids enjoying this bike in a time FAR different than ours. Bicycles meant so much more back then. They were built to last a VERY long time. And, they were built in America. And finally, how many pre-1920 juvenile bikes even exist? (and this is a very small child's bike - 15" bicycle). I know it's not many. So I have to do this. When I am done I will display it for a while and keep my eyes open for the best museum to donate it to. I'm not doing this for me. I think people in 100 years should get to see this beautiful piece of American craftsmanship. Some person not even born yet will LOVE seeing this bicycle. It will affect them like it affected me the first time I saw it. It's him or her that I am doing this for.

Holy Cow! I haven't gotten any notifications that there were replies to this thread and thought no one had replied (I'm still a newbie here and thought I would get an email if anyone replied). I came here this morning to bump it up, and now I see that I have MANY great replies. So, give me a little time to really analyze each one. THANK YOU very much to each of you.

I guess the next thing I will have to do is put out a nice WTB offer for the tires and diamond chain that I need (and tool pouch). I am VERY serious about finding these parts. I'm going to to restore ONE bicycle in my lifetime, so I want it to be as good (quality of restoration) and accurate as I can possibly get it. Time is not a factor (well, that depends on how old @ivrjhnsn is, since he will be restoring it :)), and I am very patient. I believe in my heart that the stuff I need is out there somewhere - just have to give people a good incentive to help me find it. Some guys buy fancy wheels for their truck. Some guys buy season tickets to their favorite football team. Some guys like to eat-out all the time. All guys have things they spend their money on. For me, it's this little bicycle. I don't know why, and I don't have to know why. I just know that something inside drives me to want to restore it. I feel like there is a reason I found it, and I can imagine little kids enjoying this bike in a time FAR different than ours. Bicycles meant so much more back then. They were built to last a VERY long time. And, they were built in America. And finally, how many pre-1920 juvenile bikes even exist? (and this is a very small child's bike - 15" bicycle). I know it's not many. So I have to do this. When I am done I will display it for a while and keep my eyes open for the best museum to donate it to. I'm not doing this for me. I think people in 100 years should get to see this beautiful piece of American craftsmanship. Some person not even born yet will LOVE seeing this bicycle. It will affect them like it affected me the first time I saw it. It's him or her that I am doing this for.

I love your passion buddyroe...collecting for most of us is driven by some form of an irrational compulsion that expresses our love of bikes, history, preservation, American pride, and likely a longing for simpler times. I'm inspired by your selfless desire to undertake this project with the intention of inspiring future generations. Thank you and good luck with your project. Keep us posted as your restoration develops.

it's this little bicycle. I don't know why, and I don't have to know why. I just know that something inside drives me to want to restore it. I feel like there is a reason I found it, and I can imagine little kids enjoying this bike in a time FAR different than ours. Bicycles meant so much more back then. They were built to last a VERY long time. And, they were built in America. And finally, how many pre-1920 juvenile bikes even exist? (and this is a very small child's bike - 15" bicycle

Can we see that lucky little bicycle?

Cnskl40rCS8JA4kBWo2dQ8vUeVEEbKYQCj3LK-svX7kMXQPCTQAW292m7W-v9TzNxfFBj0Cn68hpKA=w884-h589-no.jpg

after reading the story you told me about
and if you and Iver would use the Rollfast tricycle seat, I would donate it to the cause of the little bike getting it's life back
I think it's of the right vintage and it would look great IMO on this little bike, the leather has a great look!!!
let me know, please only take it if it's going to get used for this bike
saddle1.jpg

Last edited:
Back