When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

WANTED: Battery tray for a 1962 AMF-built Western Flyer Sonic Flyer

#eBayPartner    Most Recent BUY IT NOW Items Listed on eBay
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture
eBay Auction Picture

Bike from the Dead

I live for the CABE
I'm looking to buy or trade for a battery tray/headlight assembly for a 1962 AMF-built Western Flyer Sonic Flyer (pictured below.)

I don't know what the battery tray for this bike's tank/headlight is supposed to look like, but unlike other AMF bikes with similar tanks, the switch for the light is mounted on top of the tank, and there seem to be no rivets or bolt holes to mount a battery tray. I can barely fit a single RadioShack C cell battery tray inside the tank, but I've also been told that the headlight piece might've had the battery tray built in, and it could very well have been a D cell battery tray.

Here's what the headlight piece is supposed to look like.

If you have a battery tray/headlight piece in good, usable condition, and can ship it to Tulsa, Oklahoma, or if you at least know what kind of battery tray I need to look for and have a few photos to help me with my search, then please send me a private message and I'll get back to you as soon as possible. Thanks!

Last edited:
Back