When you click on links to various merchants on this site and make a purchase, this can result in this site earning a commission. Affiliate programs and affiliations include, but are not limited to, the eBay Partner Network.

Wanted Cork Brake pads

-

Freqman1

Riding a '37 Dayton Super Streamline
I'll post this in the wanted section as well but am looking for a U.S. source for a set of real cork brake pads for my Bianchi. Thanks, Shawn

I don't know if Cerchio Ghisallo have a U.S. dealer/importer, but they sell them to go with their rims (from Italy).
Alternatively, they're incredibly easy to make, and you can also enjoy the contents of the bottles they come with.....
C7820F06-5DE5-4067-A426-446EC453CA09.jpg

.....Normandy cider in this case!

Yea I bought a bunch of new corks off Ebay and am just going to make my own. V/r Shawn

You can also make them from leather. I have plenty of really thick scraps of you want to try that.

Do they stop better?
Heck if I know. I don't have any bikes with wooden rims. I have made leather brake pads for a few people, but have not heard back whether they were any good. I am pretty sure no one died while evaluating them. Leather has to be a lot tougher than cork, and will last longer; but I have no opinion whether they stop the bike better.

Back